Tuesday, May 6, 2014

A day at the office.

Most people's office probably has a desk, phone and maybe even an awesome view of the downtown sky line. However, my office is a lot different from that. My office is on what is called the kettle row at Washington Universities campus. Kettle row consists of seven steam kettles and two tilt skillets. 
This is what a steam kettle looks like. The ones on this kettle row range from 20 to 50 or so gallons full. On an average I make about a hundred of gallons of soup on a busy day. This being the last week of school, production has really come to an end. 
This Chorizo Corn Chowder looks like really nothing in this big kettle. I was making ten gallons of this soup. I failed to take a picture of the big monster machine that we use to pump the soup into gallons bags. It's something that I had never seen before working this job. Once I pump the soup, I have to cool them in a ice bath in order to prevent spoilage. The following day, the soups will be sent out to various locations around campus. This is my office.  

No comments:

Post a Comment