Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Sunday Brunch


On Sundays, my daughter and I usually have brunch. A couple of Sundays ago we decided to have stuffed French toast and omelets. Omelets are pretty straight  forward so here I plan to detail the stuffed  French toast recipe. For starters, your ingredients are cream cheese, French bread, eggs, nutmeg, cinnamon and some type of fruit. I chose to use blackberries and strawberries.
 
The eggs, nutmeg and cinnamon are for dipping the French toast in before placing it in a lightly greased pan. The French toast is prepped by first mixing your filling which would be the cream cheese plus your fruit. Once your filling is mixed, cut your French bread and begin to stuff your filling inside. I use gloves for this process. 
Once the French toast is stuffed, I place it in the freezer for ten minutes or so to let the filling set up. After the waiting period has passed, you can slice your French toast to prepare it to be cooked. 
Upon cutting it, if it still seems a little soft, pop it back in the freezer until your ready to cook it. If that time is more than fifteen minutes or so, pull it out at least five minutes before your ready to cook it so that it is not to hard. In your lightly oiled medium heated pan, place your egg washed French toast in to cook letting each side brown. 
After it has browned, pull it out and plate it immediately to be eaten or you can put it in a slightly warmed oven to hold until your ready to eat. If the ovens to hot or it stays in there to long, the filling will melt out. My daughter insisted on having whip cream on her's so I made some without a mixer. 
When serving, I top the French toast with what ever fruit I stuff it with give the eater another dose of yummy goodness. 
The complete brunch featured French toast, an omelet with Chinese broccoli, ginger tea and orange pineapple juice. 
Another successful meal on the table. Bon Appetite!!

No comments:

Post a Comment