Monday, May 12, 2014

Fresh or Frozen?

Recently I found myself in the middle of a debate comparing fresh and frozen vegetables.  My personal preference is always fresh over frozen however, I understand the need for using frozen if you feel as if you really don't have another choice.  I would go on to say it depends on what you're using the vegetables for as well.  For certain things like for example a spinach cheese dip frozen spinach is acceptable because the spinach is cooked into the cheese and other ingredients.  For other vegetables like carrots, I feel that frozen is unacceptable because the texture becomes totally spongy.  The process of freezing also leaves the vegetables lifeless.  If  I'm ever left with a choice I choice fresh seasonal vegetables over frozen.  Until next time cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment