Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Vegetable Pâté

During my phase of Garde Manger we did a week on forced meats which includes pâtés. Pâtés are usually ground meat and fat that are put into a mold and cooked. Once they are chilled, you can slice them and they can be  spreadable. I was reading a story in Sauce magazine about mushroom pâté. I didn't think you could make exclusive vegetable pâtés but I was wrong. As long as there is the presence of a binder the vegetable pâté is possible. I've found a recipe for a tri-color vegetable pâté. The light colored layer is cannellini beans. The red layer is roasted red pepper and the green layer is a pesto sauce. The picture of a vegetable pâté comes from Alexianpate.com instead of roasted red peppers this one uses carrots. 
This is amazing and I'll be trying the vegetable pâté before the months out. As long as you keep an open mind you can learn something everyday. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment