Monday, April 28, 2014

Hibachi Grill and Buffet

This past Thursday I went to the Hibachi Grill and Buffet on Westflorisant Ave. This was a big deal for me because I haven't been to a buffet in over ten years. My last time going to one I got extremely sick afterwards. So immediately upon entering, I check the overall condition of the buffet. It was very clean and well stocked except for the sushi which I believe they probably don't restock after a certain time. So to start off, I had a salad, chilled mussels and some stuffed mushrooms. 
The salad and mussels were very good. The mushrooms were stuffed with something that I couldn't quite figure out what it was so I didn't eat them. Next I got a piece of salmon with a semi-sweet glaze and a penne pasta with shrimp and a white sauce. 
I didn't like the salmon it was kind of bland and dry. The pasta was flavorful with nice texture of the shrimp and penne.   My next time around I got a baked white fish (because another guest claimed "This is the best fish in here"), garlic bread and some head on coconut shrimp. 
Well turns out I didn't feel the same way as that guest. The fish tasted like it has been sitting in water and the shrimp were more trouble than they were worth. The bread was flavorful and crisp but not dry. It was quite tasty. At this point I started getting a little full but still returned a couple of more times to get my money's worth. I realized they had a miso soup which is one of my favorites. 
This particular miso soup was rather salty. Miso is already salty by itself you really don't have to add more salt to it. By this point I was really done but my buddy that I was with kept going on so much about these little cakes that they offered, I had to try some. 
They were really good. They were moist and not to sweet but sweet enough. For my first time eating at a buffet in several years, I thought the experience was pretty good. The server made sure my water stayed full and that dirty dishes were cleared fast. On a scale of 1-10, I would give them a 7. I would go back again only earlier like right as they open for dinner so I can try the sushi. I also noticed after I was full that they had a hibachi station where you could pick out ingredients and they would cook them up for you. I'll have to try that next time as well. If your ever in that part of town and need something to eat, give the Hibacihi Grill a try. There were several things I didn't try because I don't eat beef, pork or chicken so for someone that does, those items may appeal to you. As always I stress eat, drink, and be happy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment