Monday, April 21, 2014

A Blast From The Recent Past

Towards the end of my last phase, I did an ice sculpture for the first time in life. I chose to do a tuna for my project. When all was said and done, my fish resembled more of a shark but turned out better than I expected. To start the whole process you have to draw up a template unless you are a artist and can imagine what you want to see on the ice. Once you have your template you need to trace it on to the ice. Then you start by making some of your bigger cuts with the chain saw. Next you move to hand chisels and other hand held rotary tools to detail the carving. The day of the carving was still a little cold out and the fact that we were working with ice made it colder of course. Just like with any other job, the tool makes the job. Check out the pics of my first ice sculpture. Let me know if anyone needs one. 
The finish product!!! In the future I'll work at cutting out more of the fish and defining it more.  

No comments:

Post a Comment