Saturday, April 19, 2014

Clams with radish and Chinese broccoli




This past Thursday, I cooked up the last of my seafood that I bought from Bob's Seafood.  I had a pound or so of big beautiful farm raised clams. Before cooking them I like to run water over them to remove any sand or dirt that might still be on them.  I did these the same as I did the mussels. A white wine butter sauce. My vegetable choices were what I had in the refrigerator.  
I grated the radishes and added about three or so tablespoons if rice vinegar and a tablespoon or so of honey. Clear wrap the bowl and refrigerate. 
I used half this bunch of Chinese broccoli   sautéed it in a little vegetable stock with green onions, garlic, and soy sauce. 
I start the clams off by sautéing  butter, green onion, and garlic for about a thirty seconds then I added a little vegetable stock and wine. Clams take a little longer to cook than mussels so I added the stock. All but one opened up. I think that's pretty good.  
I enjoyed the tart and sweet flavor of the radish. The Chinese broccoli has a flavor of our broccoli with the tenderness of a spinach. The clams were exceptionally tasty in the white wine garlic butter sauce and there natural juices. I usually would have a starch of some sort with the meal but this is what I came up with when looking at what I needed to use or lose. Happy Eating until next time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment