Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Pie from leftover dough.

At the end of my baking phase, there was a lot of pie dough left. Since no one was taking any I loaded up all of the dough and froze it for future use. To keep honing my skills, I started baking pies on the weekend with my daughter. Since the doughs are a little older they tend to be a little dry but still good. My first reproduction was the mile high apple pie. A side from the crack in the top, this pie was very good. 
I knew that it wouldn't be perfect when I was having trouble rolling the dough out an it didn't want to stay together. The next pie I made was the pecan pie. This one didn't present as much problems since I only needed a bottom crust. Again other than being a little dry this pie was just about as good as my grandma used to make. 
This dough didn't want to hold together but I made it work. I believe I have maybe two more to use before I lose them. Until next time be happy eat, drink, and be happy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment