Monday, April 21, 2014

Fish and my eating preferences

Being from St. Louis, my first experiences with fish would be jack salmon, cat fish, buffalo and it was for the most part fried. I'm not frowning on any of those varieties of fish however like the saying says, "there are plenty fish in the sea".  The variety of eatable fish is enormous. It's a little costly for seafood by us being in the middle of the country but you can get a quality product at Bob's.  Now as far as I'm concern, I prefer eating the fish whole.  The one exception would be a big fish like the salmon we had for fish fabrication. Other than that,  I believe just like with anything else, when you leave the bone in you get more flavor. It's easier to gage freshness of the whole fish.  
Full size salmon. We ended up doing salmon five ways. Poached, grilled, salmon bacon, baked and ceviche. 
All of these preparation were quit tasty, I would recommend them to people maybe trying to break into eating something other than the local river fish. Tilapia is good as well maybe even better because some people feel that salmon is to fishy for them. It's all about what you like. All I ask is that you be open to give all fish a try before you count it out. Happy Eating Until Next Time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment