Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Baked Oysters


I treated myself this weekend to some fresh oysters. Usually I just take them raw on the half shell but this time I decided to do something different. A couple of years ago my brother and I went to Broadway Oyster Bar and he ordered these baked oysters. They were extremely good so I had to try and reproduce them to the best of my ability. 
I used oysters of course, butter, oregano, and Parmesan cheese. 
For starters it's good to have an oyster knife to open the shell fish as well as a towel so you don't stab yourself in the hand if the knife happens to slide off the oyster. 
Once all the oysters were open, I placed them on a sheet pan. 
At that point I put a small cube of butter on each one, a pinch or so of oregano, and a generous amount of Parmesan cheese and put them under the broiler for three minutes. 
I must say that I like them broiled even better than raw. By broiling them they get to cook up in their juices and the butter, oregano and Parmesan take it to another level. If you're an oyster lover like myself you must try this if you haven't already. Bon Appetit!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment