Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Sunday Dinner

For Sunday dinner I decided to have a light dinner. I'm a pescatarian which means that I eat seafood, eggs, dairy, fruits and vegetables. No beef, chicken or pork. So for my meal I decided on mussels in a lemon white wine butter sauce with some whole wheat French bread. 
Very simple to produce. I started by sautéing a little green onions, garlic, and juice of a lemon in a table spoon or so of butter. At that point I added the wine and  mussels covered them and let them steam for about four to five minutes or until all the mussels pop open. If the mussels don't open, that means that they're not good so you should throw them out. To finish this meal off, I heated up the bread and poured a glass of wine. Light but still filling. It's truly a joy to produce this good tasting food!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment