Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Legumes and grains.

When ever people hear that I don't eat chicken, beef or pork the next question I get is "Where do you get your protein from?" My answer is usually nuts, beans and seafood. For a good ten to fifteen years my primary source of protein was beans. I always pair my beans with brown or basmati rice. Within most of the Caribbean cuisines beans and rice are a part of all meals except breakfast as far as I've seen. There are several varieties of beans and rice which would keep the average person from getting bored with the same offerings day after day. Early on in my bean and rice eating I would try different combination of the two each week until I was tired of eating beans. For a healthy, simple fulfilling meal, give beans and rice a try. Pair them with your favorite greens and some corn bread and you can't go wrong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment